- Industrial Design ServedProject Featured On:Industrial Design Served — 11/30/12
Trek Visual Brand Language Sculpture: 2013
- Trek reinvented its mountain bike line in 2008 with technological leaps and bold new styling. It was time for a refresh going into 2013. This is the form concept for the Trek brand visual language; An emphasis an light/technical/agile.
- Sketch concepts. The final form needed to clearly represent a bike, but needed to be just abstract enough so that it wasn't taken as an actual frame design.
- Nearly finished CAD Concept. This was completed in 2011 - this project was 'extra curricular' and took the next year to complete the physical model.
- Graphics were critical in giving the sculpture texture, as well as pushing the theme of 'electronic integration - the concept therein had to appear highly technical.