- Industrial Design ServedProject Featured On:Industrial Design Served — 2/12/10
- ID Magazine ServedProject Featured On:ID Magazine Served — 10/3/11
Phillu - Matchbox
The name Phillu comes from; Phillumeny (also known as Phillumenism) which is the hobby of collecting different match-related items: matchboxes, matchbox labels, matchbooks, matchcovers, matchsafes, etc.
Phillu is a matchbox-shaped mobile storage device which makes it possible to carry and transfer up to 45 GB of your data. The idea behind the product is to use the shapes and functions of a matchbox in portable storage ways.
- There are 9 removable match-shaped sticks, each has a 5 GB storage capacity, integrated to the device. For transferring data from each stick to another Phillu is only possible until you light them.
How to transfer data by sticks?
* Push the case from behind to choose and pick an avalaible stick.
* Put the stick head at the end of the striker.
* Strike the stick quickly along the striker adding pressure.
Now the stick turns into burned black match, making it possible to give it to another Phillu owner to share your data without the need of any computer in between.
Sharing your data with others will be completed after they plug in the stick to their own Phillu.
Do not let kids play with matches!