Personal Item Tracking
- Design Objective
Design a product that aids in reminding the user to take their essential items with them, when leaving the home.
- Research Conclusions:
- Regardless of storage location, all items passed through the exterior door of the home.
- It makes the more sense to address the user as they go through the action of leaving (mostly universal) rather than attempt to address a multitude of unique organizational behaviors.
- At the point of exit, many people check the time, get one final look in the mirror, and go through a ritual of making sure they have everything they need.
- Often these exit tasks are completed in different locations, consuming time as the subject travels around the house to complete them.
- Aside from the issue of error, there is also an issue of time consumption. These go hand in hand when the user is in a rush or distracted.