- Digital Wallet Personal transactions are about to change
Digital money is taking over and soon the plastic card will be replaced by applications in our mobile phones. This will surely change our behavior and the relations to personal economy.
Cash is also on its way out due to security reason. Current digital money only exists in external bank accounts. We can only reach them thru a connection with the plastic card as identification, it doesn't contain money itself. This creates a problem when connections are bad or non-existent. The only way to exclude cash is to provide a device that itself holds money. Cash is currently the only alternative for quick transactions on the street. That's why I created a device with focus on the fast and small transactions.
Money out but also money in.
- Transfer scenario
1 2 3
- This scenario is to visualize how the wallet works.
Two friends are waiting for the bus and the one above has to get on it.
- The issue is that the bus costs 42 crowns but the wallet only contains 12 crowns. He/she needs 30 more crowns and turns to his/her friend. The helpful friend at the bottom has a total of 234.70 in his/her wallet.
- By placing the thumb on top of the outer ring, the one at the bottom lopes from the LED-stripe clockwise until the amount 30 displayed. In the middle picture the amount 87 is being passed.
- When the amount 30 is set, the one at the bottom inserts his/her wallet in the one above and the arrow appears on the screen to confirm that they are connected. By pressing the screen the money goes in to the wallet above. The LED-stripe lights up to confirm the transfer, also the new total of 42 crowns is displayed on the one on top, just enough for the bus.
- Thanks to Mickey Grunström for rendering help