During my time as Senior Design Manager at Philips design ( – , I was responsible for the design strategy, category design management and product development programs for the Home Cinema Sound (5.1, 2.1 and Soundbar products), Blu-Ray/DVD and Home Controls product categories.
I was involved in all new Home Cinema Sound category product introductions from the 2nd half of 2009, 2010 and 2011, as well as the Blu-Ray/DVD product introductions in the 2nd half of 2009 and 2010. The challenge was that we operated under the backdrop of the economic crisis in 2009 and weaken Euro dollar in 2010.
The success of this category was achieved by working together with a strong creative and project management team. The category has since been recognized with a number of international awards.
My other responsibilities include:
• Developing and deploying strong business focused design strategies with business partners.
• Embedding marketing strategies and business mindsets within the design team.
• Ensuring design identity strategies and design language programs are consistently executed.
• Maintaining design integrity throughout the development process by aligning requirements with Design, R&D, Marketing, and Consumer Research stakeholders.
• Creating an environment where multidisciplinary design competences (Industrial Design, Communications, Visual Trends and Interaction Design) can come together to create meaningful and successful product solutions.
The following product examples are a result of a great creativ team effort and a credit to all involved.
(All communications images below are copyrighted and belong to Philips Electronics B.V.)