Automatic Algin Spherizer
- Algin spheres are what you get when you drip liquid foods mixed with sodium alginate into a bath of calcium chloride. The spheres resemble caviar, with a thin gelatinous skin encapsulating a liquid center. The Capsul8 makes spherizing as easy as brewing coffee.
- The old way
- Use a syringe to drop solution of food and alginate into a calcium chloride bath. The alginate turns into a gel wall around each drop.
- Be careful to dispense the same amount of alginate solution in each drop or the spheres will not be uniformly sized.
- Repeat the process over and over until you have enough spheres of the right size and shape.
- The Capsul8 way
- A tall tower ensures droplets have time to form spheres before dropping into the calcium bath.
- Electromechanical solenoid valves ensure absolutely consistently sized spheres.
- The Braun Capsul8 Automatic Algin Spherizer turns ordinary liquid foods into extraordinary gastronomic creations such as,
- Carrot caviar tapas
- Pale ale spheres and goat cheese atop bruschetta.
- Balsamic tomato caviar on mozzarella foam “Caprese”
- Olive puree-filled “Olives”